A cosmetic dentist, also known as an esthetician, is an oral health professional who works to improve a patient’s appearance and self-esteem. The goal of cosmetic dentistry is to change the appearance or function of a person’s teeth. A cosmetic dentist is a sculptor who designs your ideal smile using the best-of-the-best dental techniques and technologies. A Fort Lauderdale cosmetic dentist can transform your teeth into a bright white smile by using the latest technology.
Apart from improving your smile and giving you dental makeovers, they can help you in various other ways:
- In addition to cosmetic dentistry, general dentistry can be provided by cosmetic dentists as well. This includes more than just the appearance of your teeth but also your overall oral health. General and cosmetic dentistry place a high priority on preventing and/or treating gum disease, which is characterized by inflamed or bleeding gums, sensitive teeth, missing teeth, and bad breath. A few other common general dentistry procedures are:
- Dental fillings are used to treat various types of cavities or decay on teeth, as well as to repair damaged or cracked teeth.
- Dental crowns are used to repair teeth with extensive damage or decay. Crowns are also used to conceal cosmetic imperfections.
- General dentists remove decayed teeth when they cannot be repaired. Other times, such as with wisdom teeth, an impacted tooth that is unable to break through the gum barrier may also require extraction.
- Braces are used to align teeth, relieve jaw discomfort, and improve aesthetics.
- Dental anxiety, or dental fear, is estimated to affect many people, and dentist phobia is one of the top phobias in the world. Your cosmetic dentist can support your dental care needs with sedation dentistry to ease dental anxiety and fear of needles. Not only is this a great option for generalized anxiety, but also for those with sensitive gag reflexes or a low pain threshold.
- Dentures that fit loosely or missing teeth can be corrected with dental implants, resulting in a natural, beautiful smile. Dental implants are surgically inserted into your jawbone and function as anchors for artificial teeth.
- Dental implants are a great solution for those with a missing tooth, healthy gum tissue, a jawbone that is no longer growing, adequate bone strength, no existing conditions that will interfere with bone healing, inability, or a lack of desire to wear dentures, or speech impairment in general.
Want to Take That Next Step?
With cosmetic dentistry, you can replace old and worn-out teeth with new ones with a vibrant appearance. Most people do not know about the reliability of cosmetic dental treatments, but these treatments are for those who want to change their appearance in order to look more attractive.