The jaw bone is a very crucial part of the human body. Bone grafting involves the increase of bone volume of the jaw to restore the lost volume. This is done mainly to add more support. The jaw bone provides support to the teeth. Bone grafting is common in people who experience accidents or require dental implants. Book an appointment to get Encino bone grafting at Sargon dental facility. The facility has bone grafting specialists who are willing to provide bone grafting services. Here are essential things you need to know about bone grafting
Types of Bone Grafting
- Allograft- This type of bone grafting involves a donor. The patient of the procedure gets bone tissue from a donor. The bone tissue is cleaned and sterilized well before use to avoid the risk of infections.
- Autograft- The bone graft specialists get the bone graft tissue from other parts of the body. The most commonly used bone tissue is from the top of the hip bone. Autograft leads to successful procedures. Many bone graft specialists will recommend that you opt for the autograft procedure. The major limitation is that the bone tissue collected may be insufficient for the infusion.
- Alloplast bone graft- Alloplast bone grafts utilize bones made from synthetic materials. Some of the benefits of this type of bone graft are that they do not risk a patient from getting infections and are easily available.
- Xenograft- Xenograft is a grafting procedure in which the bone tissue to be used is taken from an animal source. The xenograft tissue is readily available and has a high level of success.
Factors that Necessitate Bone Grafting
- Disease- Some diseases may require you to get a bone grafting procedure. A disease like cancer may affect your bone requiring the specialist to replace your bone tissue.
- Fracture- Accidents normally cause fractures. You may experience a fracture that may reduce the volume of your jaw. A bone grafting procedure will fix the damages caused by the fracture.
- Dental implants- The bone grafting specialist may recommend you to get a bone grafting procedure to provide support to the dental implants. Dental implants are used for people with missing teeth.
Risks of Bone Grafting
- Nerve damage- bone grafting involves surgery. The tissues are cut open during the bone grafting surgical procedure to infuse the bone grafts. Some of the nerves may be damaged in the process.
- Infections- There is a very high risk of infections for bone grafting procedures for people. The area where the transplant is performed may get infected. The graft may also be infected and increase the risk of infection.
- Heavy bleeding- Complications in the bone grafting procedure may cause heavy bleeding of the operated part. You need to get checked up regularly to prevent complications from occurring.
Get a Bone Grafting Procedure Today
Bone grafting is done out of necessity by many individuals. If you are in a situation where you require bone grafting services, visit a bone grafting specialist. The bone drafting specialists will discuss various bone grafting options and recommend the safest procedure.